3 days at Disneyland!
It literally is the most magical place on earth!! We had the best time at Disneyland last weekend - all 3 days and 75,000 steps we took! We joined my in laws and the kids cousins at the Disneyland Hotel for 3 days of fun plus the three day Southern CA resident passes were $150. To be honest I dreaded the walking and the kid drama but it was actually very easy and enjoyable! Here's a short list of our favorite things and some tips I've picked up along the way!
- Stay at the hotel and splurge! It is so worth it and the pressure that is relieved from not having to cram everything into one day is amazing. We would go early for magical morning (you are allowed into a park 1 hour before opening- the days alternate so be sure to check and see which park offers it for that day) For Disneyland we took the monorail right into the park and for California Adventure we entered through the Grand California Adventure Hotel. This was key because we were able to get fast passes for rides like Space Mountain, Cars, World of Color Show, and Toy Story Ride which get busy fast!
- The food at New Orleans Square is super "Decent' I'm not crazy about the food at Disneyland but we made due and the soup in a bread bowl was delicious on the gloomy day we were there. I feel the food in California Adventure is better, plus they serve alcohol in CA adventure! Near the Tiki Room there is a fruit stand which was awesome for healthy snacks.
- Leave mid day to nap/rest/unwind at the hotel. Our kids would not have made it to the evening parades and shows if they hadn't napped mid day or at least taken a break from the stimulation. We head back around 4:30/5 and they were ready for more fun.
- The pool water slides were a huge hit (for the kids and for us adults)! They have complimentary life jackets also so you don't have to worry about your kids drowning. phew!
- I ate 50 churros, just plan on eating 50 churros and you won't have to feel the guilt I felt (to be fair they were Star Wars blue and red with gold glitter light saber churros... how can you pass that up?) Also i walked 18,000-25,000 steps / day which is crazy.
- Get a stroller pass! When you enter or exit off a ride after breezing through with your fast pass, ask for a stroller pass which most rides give out- this is good for dad or grandma or you (A total of 3 riders) to go back on the ride again through the fast pass lane if you all can't go on all the same time because of a little one not meeting height requirement. This was awesome and we went on almost every ride twice without waiting any longer than 15-20 minutes tops!
- Note that most bigger rides you have to be 40" tall to ride. Harrison was 41" so he went on almost all of the fun ones and phoenix was "wearable" on a lot of rides too.
- Pack water and snacks- the water is ridiculously expensive though the restaurants will give you water in a cup if you ask or wait in line.
- Downtown Disney is a great place to hang out- there is live music, lots of restaurants, and some shopping to do on your walk back to the hotel. You will be security checked before you get into Downtown Disney and this can take some time.
I also checked out Magic Kingdom Mamas Blog and Instagram before I went which was a MECCA of info! Check it out before you go- they cover a lot and are just the cutest mamas.
Good Luck! Enjoy a few photos from our trip. x